What is Factor 75?
Factor 75 is a premium online personal-chef service that helps people look, feel and perform better while saving them time by preparing and delivering Chef-crafted, incredibly nutritious meals to their homes and offices. Founded in 2013, we are evolving how Americans eat by bringing what was previously a service reserved for professional athletes and the ultra-wealthy to other like-minded, performance driven individuals who want to eat better so they can live better.
Where does work happen at Factor 75?
Our kitchen is hard at work in Chicago, and our Factor 75 working office is in Batavia. We are a close knit and hard working team that understands what it takes to win and whether you're an early bird or night owl the office doors are always open.
What is work like on the Factor 75 team?
We work really hard to make working at Factor 75 an amazing experience. We've built a culture based on healthy lifestyle choices and people who adopt a growth mindset and take pride in their job and role on the team.
While we value a winning attitude first and foremost, we make an effort never to take ourselves too seriously and always reserve plenty of time for meal tastings.
Here at Factor 75 we've always known our meals were amazing, but now the secret is out and the marketplace wants more. Factor 75 is currently expanding to handle the increasing demand. As we grow, here are some roles where we could use your help!
Performance/Wellness Consulting Dietitian
We’re seeking enthusiastic and highly motivated problem solvers who are passionate about food, fitness —and most importantly—delivering exceptional education and expert nutrional advice.
- Our Nutrition Consultants are part of a new and rapidly growing team as we offer this unique service to our valued customers. The Nutrition Consultants will not only be a part of the individualized personal service we offer, but will be able to provide value as to how we can further this project to be always at the top of our game, above all others.
Experience is critical. If you do not have “big company” training AND have not worked at an early stage business before then this job is likely not for you. But if you’re comfortable jumping into things without hesitation, have supreme confidence in your abilities, superior attention to detail and know how to execute and perform at the highest level then please read on, and be prepared to tell us how your experience and background will be invaluable to our company.
Chef de Cuisine
Factor 75 exists to nourish people's desire to thrive. Our brand is born from nutrition research showing 75% of your fitness results come from what you eat. Every day we deliver optimal-nutrition to our valued subscribers and performance driven community.
Description:We're seeking a culinary expert to oversee, and improve our innovative Performance Cuisine that will delight our loyal customers' taste buds, provide optimal nutrition to elevate their performance and be readily produced in large volumes while maintaining restaurant quality integrity and presentation before, during and after transit. Someone who is as creative as Van Gogh yet as detail oriented and structured as Rockefeller.
What you'd be doing:
- Quality Assurance and Supervision
- Meticulous training and oversight of kitchen staff to implement new recipes as well as improve existing recipes.
- Proven ability to develop and implement process controls in a kitchen environment
- Demonstrated capability to ensure consistent, premium taste, appearance and performance of every meal leaving our high volume kitchen
- Train and lead other members of the team throughout the various parts of production including pre-op, cooking, assembly, cooling, etc.
- Implement and adhere to gold standards of food quality and food safety
- Hands on knowledge of HACCP, FSMA, SQF, and USDA regulations
- Meal / Product Improvement
- Working directly with our executive team, chefs, and registered dietitians to implement new and innovative meals, product lines and product development strategies that meet our guidelines
- Leverage market data, seasonality of ingredients, consumer buying trends, customer feedback and your knowledge on nutrition principles, food production methods, seasonal ingredients/procurement, etc.
- Can easily be produced in large-scale consistently and with high-quality
- Travel and present well when delivered to customers via our shipping partners across the country
- Optimized for profit margins
- Procurement / Organization
- Working with our procurement team to ensure best quality ingredients are used while minimizing food costs
- Addressing and eliminating product quality issues/customer complaints arising from problems originating with production of meals.
- BS degree in Culinary Arts or similar qualifications
- 5+ years' experience running a commissary or large restaurant/banquet/catering
- Familiarity with USDA/FDA guidelines
- Strong understanding of the Paleo Diet, Ketogenic Diet, low/slow carb and Mind Diet
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing, and executing projects and activities
- Lean six sigma experience a plus
- Passionate about helping people achieve their goals and improve themselves
What will make you successful:
- Curiosity: Always seeking to understand “why”. Always looking to make things better.
- Passion: You are driven by a love for what you do.
- Optimism: The ability to bounce back quickly when something doesn’t work.
- Action: Knowing when to shift from planning to doing. Willingness to get your hands dirty.
- Honesty: Transparency with customers, partners and teammates
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Passion for staying up to speed on the most current research on the science of nutrition Ability to flex between big picture ideation and tactical execution
- Data-driven mindset
- Ability to add structure to ambiguous situations
- Self-starter, take initiative and get stuff done with a high degree of excellence
- Big upside. You're joining a company that has legitimate scale, grown over 100% in the last 12 months and plays in a $1.2 trillion industry. You’re getting in at a great time when our company is maturing in every aspect.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Competitive medical, dental and vision insurance
- Great company culture:
- We're "A" players who are committed to meeting our goals and get things done .
- We don't believe in "face time" or vacation policies. If you work hard and get things done at a high level that’s ALL we care about.
- We are a family and look out for our own. The health and happiness of our team is always a top priority.
Are we missing your role?
If you'd be excited to start a conversation about joining the Factor 75 team but don't see a position that suits your skill set, we'd still love to hear about what you have to offer. Send us an email at jobs@Factor75.com